It is staggering to think that more than 200,000 children in the United States enter foster care each year. Half of those stay in the foster care system and never reunite with their families. Those who remain desperately need to know and feel the love of God. They need a champion in their corner—someone willing to intercede, love, and show them faith in action.
Filled with personal stories and Scripture, Faith & Foster Care shows how you can practically and specifically live out your faith in foster care ministry. An encouraging resource for novice or experienced advocates and parents, specific issues addressed include: how to be an effective advocate, how to maintain a healthy marriage as foster parents, how to love the foster child and biological family, how to pray for your foster child and their biological family, and how to respond when they leave. See how your actions have a far-reaching impact on God’s kingdom when you live out your faith.
Item #: N164112
Category: Adoption & Fostering
Size: 6 X 9 Inches
Page Count: 176
Pack Qty: 36
Pub Date: May 2016
- Content is practical and applicable to real-life foster care situations.
- Author is host of Parent Factor with Dr. John, an Internet radio talk show.
- Content focuses on faith issues specific to the struggles in foster care ministry.
- Personal stories offer transparency, authenticity, and insight into growing up in foster care.
- Scriptural emphasis helps ground believers in a biblical view specific to foster care.
- Approximately 400,000 children are in the foster care system at one time.
About the Author
Dr. John DeGarmo has an impressive and diverse educational background, but it is his passion for foster children that leads him to serve as a foster parent, speak about foster care issues, and teach others about the foster care system. An experienced speaker, he travels extensively to meet with foster parents, child welfare workers, churches, schools, and organizations. He is host of the weekly radio show Parent Factor with Dr. John, the author of the highly inspirational book Fostering Love: One Foster Parent’s Journey. He and his wife, Dr. Kelly DeGarmo, are parents to six children—both biological and adoptive—and currently serve as foster parents to five children. Their household of 11 calls Georgia home. To learn more, visit: drjohndegarmofostercare.weebly.com.